Monday, August 30, 2010

25 vs 35

I am now 35 years old.  Remember when 35 seemed old?  I haven't quite grasped this yet.  I was thinking of the differences between 25 and 35 and wondering how my life has changed.

25...Living in an incredibly small 2 bedroom apartment
35...Living in a gorgeous 4 bedroom house that works perfectly for our family

25...I was pregnant with my first child
35...I have three children (9,5,3)

25...I never in a million years would've thought of homeschooling my kids.
35...I am now homeschooling all three kids and talk to others on a daily basis on how they can homeschool too!

25...Working 40+ hours per week with no end in sight. 
35...Blessed to be able to stay home to raise our kids.

25...I had been married for three years and did not get along with my husband.  The "D" word came up a lot.
35...I have been married for 14 years to the person that I consider my best friend...and I cant' imagine life without him.

25...I'd had it with church and religious people and would never step foot in a church again.
35...Not only has God saved me, but I am actually enrolled in a seminary and almost done with a master's degree in Biblical Counseling.

What a difference 10 years, a husband that works his butt off, and most importantly, God's blessings can do for your life. 

1 comment: