Friday, August 27, 2010

Meal Planning - Take 2

Well, last night I stayed up until about 1 o'clock working on this meal planning thing.  Let me state for the record, this was not because I had to, but because I've had horrible problems sleeping and was up anyway so figured I'd work while I was awake.

With this e-mealz thing, they give you your grocery list for all your dinners so you just need to add in everything else.  I always have problems remembering everything else though.  I have a tendency to make my list to the best of my ability and then always end up going back two days later because I forgot a bunch of stuff.  Then, of course, I end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't need. 

So, back to last night.  I made a list of everything we normally buy.  I broke it down into these categories: drinks, snacks, breakfasts, lunches, toilettries, cleaning supplies, and extras.  Extras consists of salt, pepper, baking supplies (which I hardly ever use), ketchup, mayo, etc., etc., etc. 

I'm hoping to type this up into a checklist of the stuff I only buy every now and then and a set list for the things I buy every time.  Then, I will be adding it to the e-mealz list to bring to the store.  I'm thinking it will take some time on the front end, but once it's set, it will work pretty well.

As far as the dinner menus are concerned, I bought the any-store meal plan.  Most of the meals look pretty good. I will have to alter a couple of them.  My husband is about as anti-mushroom as you can be and one of the recipes calls for mushrooms so obviously that will change.  There's also a recipe with spinach...also something my husband won't eat.  Well, you get the idea. 

So, my first grocery trip will be on the 31st.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment