Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meal Planning - Take 3

Ok, all.  I bought groceries yesterday.  I normally get two weeks of groceries at a time.  I spent $270 at the grocery store and $150 at Costco.  The $270 is a little higher than my typical grocery trip, but the $150 was a little lower, so I evened out to about my normal budget.

We've only tried one recipe this week however.  It was a grilled pork tenderloin and it was absolutely delicious.  Even the kids ate it!  I'm looking forward to making something else tonight and seeing if I get the same result.

I did pull this week's menu off the site and am wondering if we should've bought the low fat menu rather than the "normal" one.  Our family is used to a low fat diet so some of the recipes seem a little much for us.  I might give it another week and if it looks like that again, I'm going to switch.

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

2 comments:

  1. So will you have to go to the store for anything during this two weeks? What are the things that you are getting at costco and do you think that it is truly saving you to get them at costco? I like the idea of costco, but sometimes I wonder if they are truly cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I shouldn't need anything anything extra for the 2 weeks. Except for cottage cheese. Steve eats a lot of cottage cheese and they didn't have the kind he likes, so I'll have to go back for that.
    At Costco I got: Fruit (I like their's better), toilet paper, pull-ups, Milk, Steve's yogurt, toothpaste, sandwich cheese and bread.

    ReplyDelete