Monday, September 6, 2010

Time Management

I'm having one of those mornings.  One of those days when you look at your to do list and realize you have about 300 things to do and only a short amount of time to do it all in.  I'd love to get on a firm schedule...scheduling everything....cleaning time, reading time, school time, etc., etc., etc.  But then, you wonder.  How much should we be scheduling and how much time should we leave for spontaneous activities?  (Can I count the dishes as a spontaneous activity?)

I mean how many books can there be about time management?  If you type "time management" into Amazon.com's search engine, you will get 17,540 results.  How much time would those take to go through? I've listed the top rated ones at the bottom of this page.  I don't have the time to order one today...maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

So, pray for me today as I try to fit homeschooling, my school, cleaning, work, etc., etc., etc. into my 24 hour day.  I would move some to tomorrow, but tomorrow is scheduled worse than today.  But, as I always tell people, I seem to work better when I have a thousand things to do rather than just one or two.  Let's see if I can make that work today. 

Time Management from the Inside Out, Second Edition: The Foolproof System for Taking Control of Your Schedule -- and Your LifeThe 25 Best Time Management Tools & Techniques: How to Get More Done Without Driving Yourself CrazyGetting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free ProductivityTime Management In an Instant: 60 Ways to Make the Most of Your Day (In an Instant (Career Press))Successful Time Management For Dummies

No comments:

Post a Comment